Aug 1, 2008

Broadmoor CC: Senior Open (aka Wild Kingdom!)

We TVCommandos had quite the day at the office today. While this year's Senior Open field includes a Shark and a Walrus, the real wild kingdom is the wide array of creatures calling the Broadmoor CC home. The grounds have a rather large collection of what the locals call mule-deers. My daughters didn't believe me when I told them the deer just walk around on the course. To prove it, I set out this morning with camera in hand. It didn't take long for me to find a very cool deer family out for a little brunch.

Photo Gallery

 




Wild Kingdom Update: In case you missed it, the SportsCenter highlight and the latest animal story from the Senior Open this afternoon had a rather large black bear making his way onto the course today. See Story.

Your intrepid TVCommando (and Hoover) were manning our post atop the 13th tower when the bear headed across our fairway! So like any good cameramen, we bagged our golf coverage for a shot of said bear ambling amongt the golfers, caddies and spectators.   












Courtesy: USGA.ORG (USGA Museum | John Mummert)

 
The good news is the bear made his way off the course and no one was hurt. (I kept hearing Nick Nolte's voice as Vincent the Bear from the movie Over the Hedge! for the rest of the day!)

The bad news is I was concentrating so hard on my impromptu TV shot I didn't grab my still camera and squeeze off at least one once in a lifetime shot. And I call myself a cameraman!

2 comments:

  1. I told you to watch out for the gophers...forgot about the black bears! I was wondering what your locations was for the golf thingy...13th tower. Now I can watch golf....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Mr. McCarty! I'm so delighted that you are providing the folks back home with this peek into your exciting ventures that I'm going to refrain from mentioning all the very bad "If a bear ... in the woods" jokes that come to mind! :)

    ReplyDelete