Aug 7, 2008

Boxing in Beijing: A Look Inside the Arena

Much to the NBC crew's ire, trying to communicate with home via the Internet is not easy here in China. The wireless router failed in our building (overloaded!) so I'm a couple of days late and filing from my work site. Here's a look at my office for the next few weeks. We are covering 286 boxing matches!

Here's our schedule. All of our matches air on CBNC/Telemundo.
A History of Olympic Boxing is here.


My camera with teleprompter. (Notice there's no viewfinder. I'm using a small monitor gaffe-taped to a garbage can underneath the tripod! Hey nothing but the best...)







My view of the ring. The anchor (Fred Rogan) will sit in the chair next to the HD monitor.



  





The announcer table ringside.





5 comments:

  1. This is really cool. You are right...I could have done without the 12+ hour trip. I do like the high tech set up you have for the boxing. Will you be the camera guy for the anchor when he talks?
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...i just checked out the pictures a little closer....Good choice on the rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! Fred Rogan will be the guy in our booth up in the stands. I will be the cameraman, yes.

    And I'm told if you wash everything down with Tsing Tao, it's OK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I been sittin here all night, watching athletes walk around in circles, and doggone if I can find you in the stands. What are you doing, working??????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly! Represent'n UA at the boxing venue. Our shows air on CNBC.

    ReplyDelete