Feb 26, 2023

EDUO9150_McCartyAssignment 1

A Blog Resuscitated

Hello Blog fans! It's alive... Back from the ether in 2008 - and from the upper deck TV Studio we built inside the Worker's Indoor Arena, site of the 2008 Olympic Boxing venue in Beijing (and my office for a month!) My old blog, "The TVCommando's Journal," was a way to engage my students and I've resuscitated it for my latest post graduate course endeavors mastering G-Tools.

As for me, a lot has changed since 2008 and my return home from covering 267 fights in 28 days at the Olympics. After the 2008-2009 school year, I left my teaching position in K12 and taught media production at a small, private college. When the college's budget shortfalls, made worse by the economic conditions during the post-2008 market crash, many of the Professional Instructor contracts at the school were not be renewed at the end of the 2014-2015 academic year. But for some divine intervention, I ended up back where I started in my old K12 position and I never looked back. 

So for context, as I start a course on G-Suite for Education, "where" was Google and apps in 2008? My inquiring mind wanted to remember... Turns out, in an article I found from TechCrunch, "Google Page Creator,"was about to be evolved from something more familiar called, Google Sites, and Google Docs, Email and Calendar were about to get offline editing capabilities. These "updates" seem almost quaint now.

I'm ready for the bell. Hopefully, I don't get KO'd in the along the way!

Assignment 1: 



No comments:

Post a Comment